[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Greenbow VPN Client and Monowall
 Date:  Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:45:09 -0500
Dale Hirt wrote:
> It is indeed behind a firewall.  Damn.  Any ideas then on what I
> might do besides putting this laptop on the dmz?  Is there another
> vpn solution that I could say forward through monowall on the
> internal lan side?

I may be coming into this conversation late, but I don't have a
problem using Netgear's VPN client to reach both Netgear and
SonicWalls from behind my m0n0wall. Netgear's VPN client is a branded
SafeNet SoftRemote v10. The only thing I had to was to set a inbound
NAT UDP port 500 to my desktop with the Netgear client. I also am able
to use SonicWalls VPN client on my Wife's laptop to access her LAN via
her SonicWall.

James W. McKeand