[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  maximkh at yahoo dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] EveryDNS dynamic update?
 Date:  Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:07:05 -0500
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:50:59 -0800 (PST), Max Khitrov <maximkh at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Wanted to ask if it was possible to add EveryDNS service support?
>
> You can take a look at their site here: http://www.everydns.net/
> They have a simple perl script (http://www.everydns.net/eDNS.pl.txt)
> through which the updates can be done. Seems like a fairly easy thing
> to do and it would help me out a lot :)

Perl is way too big (file size, memory footprint, and impact on low
end processors) to add to m0n0wall.  That's the problem with all the
dyndns services that aren't supported, the only clients are Perl or
Java based.  Won't happen.  It'd be nice if somebody could update
ez-ipupdate (what m0n0wall uses, written in C) with some of the newer
providers.

-Chris