[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Dionissopoulos" <dionch at freemail dot gr>
 To:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] EveryDNS dynamic update?
 Date:  Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:52:49 +0200
Yes it's easy. (php + pcre needed).

Just set the required variables at the start , save,
and run something like:

php -f eDNS.phps

Enjoy.

Chris.

p.s.
If you upload it to m0n0wall you have to change the condition in:

 if (preg_match_all("/Exit\sCode:\s+(\d+)/i",$in,$match))

with something else (strpos() + substr() compination), because (afaik)
pcre functions are not supported by m0n0 php-cli.

> Perl is way too big (file size, memory footprint, and impact
> on low end processors) to add to m0n0wall.  That's the
> problem with all the dyndns services that aren't supported,
> the only clients are Perl or Java based.  Won't happen.  It'd
> be nice if somebody could update ez-ipupdate (what m0n0wall
> uses, written in C) with some of the newer providers.

Well, another alternative would be to do it with PHP, no?  You'd need
CURL or something similar that can perform an HTTP submit to a url, but
it could be scripted with PHP, which we already have in m0n0...

--Braden