[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Martin <michael at chaosportal dot com>
 To:  Mono <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal causes infinite loops.
 Date:  Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:07:15 -0500
I recently installed the 1.2b6 via the raw CF image for WRAP. Everything
seems to be working well except with certain clients. They will get the
captive portal splash page but when they hit continue it will loop them
back to the splash page again infinitely. Is this a known issue ?

It seems to happen to just about every OS and browser combination. I saw
two macs side by side, both running safari and one got through the
splash and the other didnt. Same with PC users, two people running XP
Pro, both using IE one gets through the other doesnt. I just cant seem
to narrow this down to one common denominator. Could this have something
to do with the security settings on the client ? Any help would be
appreciated, this is very frustrating.