[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <list at ebs dot net dot pk>
 To:  Allan Mogensen <allan at 1966 dot dk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DMZ and public ip problem
 Date:  Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:21:12 +0500
The public IP address for the server-in-the-DMZ is on the WAN interface.
So the WAN interface responds to and takes in packets for its own IP
address and also the real IP addresses mapped to the servers in the DMZ.
The packets are then forwarded to the DMZ interface with the destination
IP address changed to the Private IP address of the server.

Your server would get the packets as coming from the original IP address
so your analyzer would be fine.

hope the wording above isn't too confusing...

sai