[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Max Khitrov <maximkh at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] EveryDNS dynamic update?
 Date:  Tue, 15 Mar 2005 04:24:30 -0800 (PST)
You're talking about this, right?
umount /cf
mount /dev/ad0a /cf     # <-- or whatever your boot device is
cp /cf/boot/loader.rc /cf/boot/loader.rc.temp
echo "set console=comconsole" > /cf/boot/loader.rc
cat /cf/boot/loader.rc.temp >> /cf/boot/loader.rc
rm /cf/boot/loader.rc.temp
sync                    # <-- i'm paranoid    (a reboot should
umount /cf              # <-- really paranoid  do these anyway)

Does this mean that we can make changes to the image that are permanent
directly from the exec.php? (Why is this undocumented?!?!)

If we can mount the hard drive partition in read/write mode, then we
can just download any files we need, edit them, then re-upload. Is that
about right?

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs%5B%5D=135&actionargs%5B%5D=62

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs%5B%5D=68&actionargs%5B%5D=08