[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mat Johns <mbj202 at ecs dot soton dot ac dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Logotype for Captive Portal on config-disc
 Date:  Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:24:12 +0000
Kjell N wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to have a jpg-picture on the config-media, and have it
> copied to ramdisk when booting?
>
> I realy need a nice logotype on the CaptivePortal-loginpage, and there
> is no other server I can link to before the users are logged in.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> /Kjell

As far as having a wget like action on boot I wouldnt know the details
however a two possible better ways could be...

1) (Long way) Download the rootfs.tar.gz for you version from the m0n0
wall site, extract it, then add your image/files to
usr/local/captiveportal then create a ufs disk image of that tree and
gzip it (tho I dont know the syntax for ufs image creation) then using
the exec.php interface:-

mount -rw /dev/ad0c /mnt
upload the new mfsroot.gz (ufs gziped disk image)
mv /tmp/mfsroot.gz /mnt/mfsroot.gz
umount /mnt (technically optional :P but prob a good idea to ensure
write flushs to disk)
...reboot

2) Host on an external server and use ip passthough to that server so
they can access that site prior to authing.

If anyone knows the bsd (and/or linux) methods of creating a ufs disk
image, please spam the list (as I wouldnt mind knowing either)

~Mat