[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Lawson" <alawson at calhost dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Urgent - New M0n0wall install doesn't ping/respond to http on CD boot
 Date:  Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:57:15 -0800
New install/ new user. M0n0wall is not responding to pings or http requests
on first boot. NIC gets link light, but at the moment, I only have ONE NIC
installed (will install second this afternoon).

Install Method: CD/floppy
Hardware: Dell GX270 (failed ping/http test)
Hardware: Dell GX150 (failed ping/http test)
Hardware: Compaq DPEND-P333 (failed ping/http test)

Is ICMP  requests  turned off by default? And do you have to have 2 NICs for
m0n0 to open the http pages for configuration?

I currently have network set on LAN NIC (which is recognized by m0n0) at
10.10.1.1/24 and the client set to 10.10.1.2.255.255.255.0

I even tried DHCP and on the client it just hangs. I have to have this
installed this evening (my L3 switch is getting bombarded with NetBIOS and I
can't even get the firewall to respond).

HELP!

--
Adam Lawson
CalHost Communications