[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Frans King <frans dot king at f333 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP server not working with 1.2b6
 Date:  Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:46:43 -0500
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:02:41 -0000, Frans King <frans dot king at f333 dot net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've disabled a number of traffic shaper rules in line with an earlier post
> on how to get the PPTP server working on 1.2b6. I can telnet into the
> required port from a remote host but when I try to start a PPTP connection
> using windows XP I get the following error:
>
> Error 732: could not agree on PPTP protocols.
>
> Does anyone have any idea about this?

The only known verified PPTP issue in b6 is that it doesn't work with
the default magic shaper rules.  In that case TCP 1723 isn't opened at
all though, so that doesn't appear to be the problem here.

Sounds like a PPTP client configuration issue?  With XP it should be a
default VPN configuration though.  Create a new connection with all
the defaults and see if that works.

-Chris