[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Will Dyson <will dot dyson at gmail dot com>
 To:  Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bug in 1.2B6 with openvpn server.
 Date:  Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:29:22 -0500
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:54:45 +0100, Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Seems that the OpenVPN server doesn't honor the config interface.
> When I want it to open TCP port, it stills continue to open UDP port :
>
> openvpn[281]: UDPv4 link local (bound): 193.218.xxx.xxx:5000
>
> Even if I try to reboot, stop, reboot, start or what ever...
>
> There is maybe something to be fix somewhere in the interface (but I
> didn't managed
> to find what is to be fixed...)

I'm getting something more like this when I set my openvpn server to TCP

openvpn[925]: UDPv4 link local (bound): [undef]:1194

I'm definatly seeing some (as yet uncharacterized) funkyness with how
it sets up the openvpn server however. For a while, the openvpn server
was not giving the usual log messages. Then saving a random config
change (to the hard drive spindown time) made it stop passing packets.

Try switching back to UDP, saveing settings, then back to TCP.

It would be nice if the generated openvpn config file were present on
the status.php page. In the mean time, consider posting your
config.xml file and full syslog.

--
Will Dyson