[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claude Morin <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 To:  Claude Hecker <claude dot hecker at phoenix dash mecano dot com>
 Cc:  maximkh at yahoo dot com, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re:[m0n0wall] EveryDNS dynamic update?
 Date:  Wed, 16 Mar 2005 02:57:06 -0500
HI Claude,

The last list message I mentioned, about modifying "loader.rc", *did*
work at the time.  My brother was the poster, so I'm certain he's not
mistaken.  I did mention that the technique is only useful  for files
that *aren't* in the compressed image.

As I understand things, using <shellcmd> in your .XML config file is
the only easy way to do what Max wants.  The alternative is using
FreeSBIE, Knoppix (Linux live CD), or a FreeBSD or Linux system
running off a hard drive, to uncompress the filesystem image, mount
it, modify, recompress, etc.

-klode