[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Greg Brackley <lists dash m0n0wall at lucidsolutions dot co dot nz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiband Atheros Driver for WiFi (MADWIFI):
 Date:  Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:36:35 +1300
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
> No since that's for Linux.  Though all that functionality should exist
> in FreeBSD 5.3, the bugs just need to be worked out of the current
> beta versions and new GUI functionality added to support these things.

I noticed that the current beta GUI has limited support for the Atheros
driver. Closer inspection shows that the FreeBSD v5.3 version of the Atheros
driver has a lot less options that the current driver [1]. Sam seems to have
checked in a significant number of changes since the FreeBSD 5.3 release.

Running "sysctl hw.ath" and "sysctl dev.ath" shows the options available in
the current driver (using exec.php). Will the latest driver only be included
when
monowall starts to use FreeBSD v5.4? [3]

I'd been keen to be able to use monowall on point-to-point outdoor links, so
would like to be able to set the regulatory domain, ACK timeouts, antenna
diversity etc. Given the huge number of possible options to configure, is it
possible to configure arbitrary sysctl's using the GUI in the current
monowall? (I see the following [2] shows how to edit a config file).

Greg :-)

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ath/if_ath.c
[2]
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=46&actionargs[]=07