[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bhagwan Kadia <kontaktbhagwan at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall to Monowall VPN/routing issue+general issue
 Date:  Wed, 16 Mar 2005 05:16:05 -0800 (PST)
I have downloaded the latest version of monowall from http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/downloads.php

And now configuring it for providing the monowall to monowall connectivity with VPN.

The scenario is

Office a

-monowall is installed on a machine with two nic cards

-nic 1 has ip address 192.168.2.1 (LAN interface)

-nic 2 has ip address a.b.c.d (WAN interface) (Its routing is done through the router, if we
configure it on a machine we are able to browse the internet)

Office b

-monowall is installed on a machine with two nic cards

-nic 1 has ip address 192.168.3.1 (LAN interface)

-nic 2 has ip address w.x.y.z (WAN interface) (Its routing is done through the router, if we
configure it on a machine we are able to browse the internet)

According to documentation the steps required to fulfill the requirement are:

-Routing should be done on monowall firewall or NATing should be done on firewall

** How to do this routing?

-I tried 1:1 NAT but it is saying use another ip address than this WAN interface's ip address.

** Any suggestion /solution?

After routing, can I use PPTP as the solution for monowall to monowall VPN setup?

{As far as I understand

From the documentation using PPTP we will only be able t use the VPN in our local network/OR in
other words

He traffic, which will be going from our local network, will all be encrypted.}

If yes, can you give me steps, or some other documentation other then the monowall's home page's
documentation (this is also very important - no doubt)?