[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tarun Kundhi" <tkundhi at inebraska dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall list" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  newbie FW and DMZ question
 Date:  Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:25:10 -0600
I'm new here and trying to set up m0n0wall in my home office. The intial setup and configuration
went smoothly but I can't find the documentation on FW rules configuration particularly with regard
to DMZ zone. I assume this documentation probably exists and I'm not looking in the right place. I
have read the quick start guide (http://m0n0.ch/wall/quickstart/) and Users guide
(http://m0n0.ch/wall/documentation.php), but neither cover FW rules.

I believe my goal is pretty straight forward. I have a one dynamic public ip address from my ISP.
There are 3 NIC in my m0n0wall box, configed as WAN, LAN (192.168.10.1/24) and DMZ (192.168.20.1/24)
. Basiclly I want all uninitated requests from to go to the DMZ subnet. I also don't want any
traffic going from the DMZ subnet to the LAN subnet. And I do want the LAN to be able to get to the
outside world.

All interfaces are up and working. No issue there.

I've tried search the list archives but most threads pertain to specifc rule issues and I prefer ro
get a better understanding of how they work in general. It would be appreciated if someone could
point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

tarun