[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  Tarun Kundhi <tkundhi at inebraska dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] newbie FW and DMZ question
 Date:  Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:55:14 -0500
[this is a cut-n-paste from my original thread]
This would be good for the example configurations chapter.
-->> http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/examples.html

If you write something up (the wiki would be a good place,
http://wiki.m0n0.ch), I can add the network diagrams, screenshots, and
format it in DocBook for the docs.
**********
I likewise have a thread running now search for:
"help with FW behind router"

in google you can put this in the search bar:

help with FW behind router site:m0n0.ch

regards,

-Don

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:25:10 -0600, Tarun Kundhi <tkundhi at inebraska dot com> wrote:
> I'm new here and trying to set up m0n0wall in my home office. The intial setup and configuration
went smoothly but I can't find the documentation on FW rules configuration particularly with regard
to DMZ zone. I assume this documentation probably exists and I'm not looking in the right place. I
have read the quick start guide (http://m0n0.ch/wall/quickstart/) and Users guide
(http://m0n0.ch/wall/documentation.php), but neither cover FW rules.

> I believe my goal is pretty straight forward. I have a one dynamic public ip address from my ISP.
There are 3 NIC in my m0n0wall box, configed as WAN, LAN (192.168.10.1/24) and DMZ (192.168.20.1/24)
. Basiclly I want all uninitated requests from to go to the DMZ subnet. I also don't want any
traffic going from the DMZ subnet to the LAN subnet. And I do want the LAN to be able to get to the
outside world.

> All interfaces are up and working. No issue there.
>
> I've tried search the list archives but most threads pertain to specifc rule issues and I prefer
ro get a better understanding of how they work in general. It would be appreciated if someone could
point me in the right direction.