[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Stefan <stefst at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.2b6 works with laptops/PC-Card support
 Date:  Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:17:29 -0500 (EST)
Hi:

I just wanted to report that I managed to get 1.2b6 to work with a
Thinkpad 600 (PII-233 MHz) laptop, using one 3-COM PC-Card ETH card, and
one SMC Eth<>USB adapter.  It also works with a Adaptec USB 2.0 PC-Card
(NEC chipset)  adapter, and the SMC Eth<>USB plugged into that.
I was not able to test 2 3-Com PC-Cards plugged in, because it appears one
of the PC-Card slots on my machine is bad.

However, I have 2 older DEC HiNote laptops, and I cannot get 1.2b6 to run
at all on either of those machines.  I am hoping future beta's will fix
the issues, or its possibly a RAM issue on one of the machines. The P166
wont boot at all 'read error'; and the other (PII-266) boots, but
kernel-panics about halfway thru the boot process.

I have been wanting to get m0n0wall running on laptops for ages, and the
move to FreeBSD 5.x, with the PC-Card support, finally enabled this to
work well.

Great job to Manuel Kasper and everyone who works on m0n0wall!

-- Stef in Boston