[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Falconer" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'Jeroen Visser' <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IP Aliases on WAN Interface + Routing Issue
 Date:  Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:05:26 +1300
Question 1 - Let me confirm this.... Your m0n0wall box has two NICs, a WAN
and a LAN.  The WAN plugs into a bridging DSL modem with its own IP.

LAN	192.168.1.1
WAN	set by DHCP
Modem	10.0.0.38

You need to tell m0n0wall that the IP subnet of your DSL modem is out the
WAN port, so you need to add a static route for 10.0.0.0/24 out WAN.

This is not possible in version 1.1x GUI so you will have to either run a
1.2 beta, or use a shell command from
http://m0n0wall/exec.php
Something like   "route add -net 10.0.0.0/24 -dev sis0"
Or whichever NIC your WAN port is set to.

Question 2 - No idea... IPs  are rare here in New Zealand, we pay $400/mo
for one, getting more is even more expensive.