[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b6 lock-ups ....
 Date:  Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:39:56 +0100
Hi Chris,

Chris Buechler wrote on Fri, Mar 04 2005:

>I don't know what the freezing issues might be, as I've never seen
>them

I now got a WRAP (previously a Soekris net4801). Unfortunately I had
two more freezes: one after 7 days uptime, the other after 2 days
uptime today. It does not seem hardware related. A collegue of mine
also experiences the freezes within about a week and has gone back to
1.2b3 (WRAP).

It simply stops working, logfile (remote-log) indicate nothing
suspicious. WRAP/Soekris is dead, has to be power-cycled.  The only
thing common is the 64 MB SanDisk CF card, I already used it in the
Soekris. Is there a possibility that the card might be somehow faulty?
Should I try switching to another card?

TIA   Frederick