[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hans Mathre <hanzcc at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Beta 1.2b5 + Atheros [ath] works !
 Date:  Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:19:49 -0500
> "ifconfig ath0 mediaopt hostap mode 11g ssid my_net"

Yea, that plus the opt1 change seemed to pull it up

> After this, everything works fine. I made a bridge with LAN network.

Did the same thing here, however I did not see that network show up
when I scanned for it. Now it shows up as "associated" in the status
for the wifi card.

So anyway, I'm useing 1.2b6 cdrom, a netgear WAG311 pci A/B/G card
(AR5212 chip set), this is running on a pII system, and everything
else on the system is working great. Looking at the notes on both
ath(4) and ifconfig(8) I seem to have the sysctl stuff right too.

If there is anything I should be looking at/triing, that would help.
Also what will, if anything does the wireless section of thie app
show. Is this a panel to set wireless settings? Also if this ifconfig
cmd is a solution, how is it possible to place that in to xml file so
it survive re-boots.

Thanks for a great product.

-hanz