[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Pimperton <alex at erus dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: M0n0wall drops packets it shouldn't
 Date:  Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:47:42 +0000
Mike Zanker wrote:

>On 15/03/2005 16:05, Alex Pimperton wrote:
>

>>I'm having problems with m0n0wall dropping packets I don't think it should.
>>

>[snip]
>
>I've got the same thing here but only between a Red Hat Enterprise Linux
>4 box and Red Hat Network. Transfers stop after a couple of hundred KB
>and outgoing packets get blocked. Only real difference is that I have
>real IP addresses on my LAN so I'm not using NAT.
>
>I think it's because the session is losing state - why, exactly, I have
>no idea.
>
>Mike.

Anybody else shed any light on this?

The packets that are dropped are all part of one protocol (dc++), yet
the packets being dropped don't seem to affect the transfer speed or
reliability of the application.

Would altering the TCP timeout settings make any difference?

Would the amount of traffic/connections passing through the firwall make
any difference?

The load on the box is:

6:45PM  up 9 days, 23:12, 0 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

but it is pushing 10Mb/s 24/7 and there's usually 300/400 users connected to services behind the
firewall.

Regards

Alex