[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tarun Kundhi" <tkundhi at inebraska dot com>
 To:  <bladet at algonet dot se>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall list" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NetMeeting
 Date:  Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:04:55 -0600
I think you would want to do Inbound NAT with the NetMeeting ports. IIRC, in
the past (on other FW) I've opened up port 1503 only and it worked fine but
I didn't use all NetMeeting features. No audio, no listing in the locator
service, etc.. Basically just desktop sharing and file transfer.

I got the following link earlier today from others to configure a DMZ. I
believe it should apply to your situation.  All this assumes you only want
NetMeeting on a single host.

http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/examples.html#id2601177

Look at section 11.1.6.3 Inbound NAT. Ignore the DMZ reference. Simply
specify the protocol, external port, NAT IP (internal ip address of host you
want to use for NetMeeting) and the local port number (same as your external
port). Don't forget to check of the Auto-add FW rule box, otherwise you will
need to add FW rules manually. If you only setup NAT and not the FW rules it
won't work. Also make sure the order of your FW is correct, especially if
you have blocking rules setup.

HTH,

t.