[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Will Dyson <will dot dyson at gmail dot com>
 To:  Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bug in 1.2B6 with openvpn server.
 Date:  Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:02:37 -0500
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:34:50 +0100, Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net> wrote:

> > I'm getting something more like this when I set my openvpn server to
> > TCP
> >
> > openvpn[925]: UDPv4 link local (bound): [undef]:1194
>
> More or less same thing on my own... FYI I use wrap version... :)

Generic_c here. That is log message from openvpn is different than
what you originally posted.

I also saw it binding to the TCP port, although I did not try
connecting to it (I'm setup for UDP at the moment).

> > I'm definatly seeing some (as yet uncharacterized) funkyness with how
> > it sets up the openvpn server however. For a while, the openvpn server
> > was not giving the usual log messages. Then saving a random config
> > change (to the hard drive spindown time) made it stop passing packets.
> >
> > Try switching back to UDP, saveing settings, then back to TCP.
>
> Doesn't work either :)

Pushing the save button does not result in the openvpn server restarting?

> > It would be nice if the generated openvpn config file were present on
> > the status.php page. In the mean time, consider posting your
> > config.xml file and full syslog.
>
> The most frustrating thing is that lots of time I need to reboot m0n0
> when I change
> client configuration or whatever. ;(

You are rebooting to force a restart of the openvpn server? Can you
provide more complete syslogs?

--
Will Dyson