[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jordan T." <jordan at blue dash ferret dot com dot au>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Routing a seperate subnet over WAN to LAN
 Date:  Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:50:06 +0800
From exec.php, you could issue "/sbin/ifconfig <int> <address> netmask
<netmask> alias" but im not sure that it would route the whole subnet as
i want. You can even throw this in the config to come up at boot by
using <shellcmd>/sbin/ifconfig bge0 X.X.X.X netmask 255.255.255.X
alias</shellcmd> inside the <system> block. an example in my case would
be "ifconfig vr0 X.X.165.53 netmask 255.255.255.252 alias", im hoping it
will add a route for the rest of the subnet too, and enable routing of
other IP's through to the LAN.

I'l be going in on the weekend to play with this, I'l post my findings
to the list.

Jordan.