[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  Jamy Klein <jamy dot klein at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help with troubleshooting reboot problem, please.
 Date:  Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:00:24 +0100
> I am running Monowall on a PII 733, with 256MB of registered memory, 5
> Intel 10/100 nics, and 32 meg CF card. Monwall seems to reboot itself
> daily on this machine. I can tell, because I hear a beep like it is
> booting and see the power light flash when this happens. No errors are
> displayed in the Monwall logs that I can find. Any suggestions on how
> to troubleshoot this, would be greatly appreciated.

1. If you want to know if it actually reboots, take a look at the uptime
value.

2. I'd run a syslog daemon on another machine of my LAN and search the
logs for unusual entries...

3. I would disable any special feature in the BIOS: power saving stuff,
integrated devices (sound and USB for example), etc.

-- Vincent