[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Siegenthaler" <thosi at thosi dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] PPTP: connection hangs after a few moments
 Date:  Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:13:55 +0100
Hi Chris

Thank you for your answer. It's really very strange. I've tested this issue
on two completly different machines running Windows 2000 SP4 (ger), with the
same effect. On one of these machines, I've installed Windows XP too, but
with this OS the connection works fine.

I think, it will probably be a software incompatibility between MPD and
Win2k. What do you think. Are there any other Windows 2000 pro Users here ?
Can you please test this problem too ?

Greetz
Thomas

Von: Chris Buechler [mailto:cbuechler at gmail dot com]

Cc: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

> > I have still my problems connection with Windows 2000 to a m0n0wall
> > using PPTP.
> > Does anyone else have problems like that too ? I'm using Windows
> > 2000
> > SP4 (german).

I'll find a Win 2000 box (though it won't be German) and see if I can
replicate that.

> > @Manuel:
> > If nobody can help me solving this problem, what's about using pptpd
> > (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=44827)
> > instead of racoon to accept PPTP connections ? Is this possible ?

PPTP is MPD, not racoon.  PoPToP has been discussed in the past, though
there hasn't been a good reason to switch.

-Chris