[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Bottrill <david at bottrill dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Nokia IP 2330 and the MAC address on the ethernet ports
 Date:  Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:16:23 +0000
Richard,
On Thursday 17 March 2005 21:36, Richard Davis wrote:
> I have loaded Beta version 1.2b6 on a Nokia IP2330(AMD k2-266, 64 meg of
> RAM and an 8 Gig hard drive).  The TTY boot screen shows the ethernet
> ports with a Mac address of ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff (just like the quick
> install shows).
>
> The problem  I'm having is that I can ping out but due to the Mac
> address of all F's, it appears that other PC's, on the subnet, can not
> find it.  I checked the arp cache in another machine (on the subnet) and
> it shows all F's also.  Any idea how to fix this?

Chris Buechler, a contributor to M0n0wall and a frequent poster to this list
has put together some very useful information, his help got my IP330 working.

Have a look at:

http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/nokia/ip110.html

Also have a look at his live installer ISO that I have used to mount my CF
card in order to edit the config.xml file.

http://chrisbuechler.com/index.php?id=17

David

--
David Bottrill