[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b6 lock-ups ....
 Date:  Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:03:05 +0100
Hallo JSimoneau,

JSimoneau at lmtcs dot com schrieb am 17. March 2005:

>When I leave the top off the case of the WRAP it has yet to lock up, will
>go for weeks at a time.

That sure would explain a lot of issues here. But the Soekris has a
much bigger enclosure, there are even holes in it for air-circulation.
And it still does not explain why the problems started with 1.2bx (not
sure when, but never had the issues with 1.1).

However you make a good point, I now have the WRAP standing on two
pencils (air can get under it), let's see if/how this helps. Thank you
for your hints, if it keeps locking up, I'll have something more to
experiment with ;-)

I will keep you posted!

>When I put the top of the case back on, the WRAP will lock up eventually.
>Sometimes in 2 days, sometimes a week, but it always happens.

That's EXACTLY what happens here. Maybe my vpn1411 card adds to the
problems, though I did not have it in the Soekris.

>So, probably not helpful, but try running with the top off :)

That's VERY helpful, it's something I can try after the next freeze
(that is if it's going to happen again).

Kind regards   Frederick