[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JSimoneau at lmtcs dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 1.2b6 lock-ups ....
 Date:  Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:43:21 -0500
Frederick,

I am interested in your findings, so keep us posted. I can't explain why
the version upgrade makes a difference, unless 1.2bx uses slightly more
resources that hits some magic threshold and causes things to fail. I've
experimented a lot with this one WRAP box, and really can't find out whats
going on. I only know that after probably a dozen experiments its always
locked up with the top on, and never with it off.

I remember reading something a while ago about someone having similar
experiences in an environment that had a lot of electrical noise, or
something like that. He contacted the vendor, whom said that these lockups
were a known problem with his revision of WRAP board. They replaced it
with a newer revision and his problems went away. So, it might be worth
your time to run some cable lengths and keep the m0n0 box elsewhere.

We go through lots of Soekris 45xx/48xx and WRAP boards, and I've only got
this one board with this behaviour. I think I'll try drilling some holes
in the case and putting it back on.

Regards,
Josh Simoneau