[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Boris Rudoy" <boris at rudoy dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] System Time
 Date:  Sun, 20 Mar 2005 01:58:55 -0500
I am defenetly didn't understand how it works
Turn off syncronization with NTP, and setup correct system time in BIOS.
Trying execute /exec.php "date"  command:

$ date
Sat Mar 19 20:48:07 EST 2005

Immediatly switch to the M0n0 computer, restart it, open BIOS settings to
check system time. Time is correct, it's current time 01:49 AM Mar 20 2005

Looks like M0n0 take system time and think this is Grinvich time, so it make
minus 5h from the GMT  and use it as local timezone. Am I correct?
Should I change BIOS time to GMT?
Can this timeshift in  M0n0 affect any network device, like VoIP adapter? I
got one from sunrocket and have wrong timestamp with incoming CallerID