[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Half second "feature" is also in DHCP server
 Date:  Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:17:19 +0100
On 20.03.2005 18:25 +0100, Frederick Page wrote:

>> One can see that clearly when remote logging to a linux-machine,
>> whose dhcp-client indicates the renewal intervals in syslog.
>
> Addition: you can see it even on a Win client: ipconfig /all shows
> when lease expires. All values in DHCP server 1.2b6 are divided by
> two. I know this is only a minor issue, this might be a "to do" for
> next beta release?

AFAIK it's normal (and even in the DHCP RFC) that DHCP clients renew
their lease after half of the lease time has elapsed (use Ethereal on
the DHCP ACKs and you'll find that the lease time reflects what you
set in the webGUI, or 2 hours by default), so we don't need to (and
won't) change anything in m0n0wall here.

- Manuel