[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Richard Davis" <richard at bizsyscon dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Nokia IP 2330 and the MAC address on the ethernet ports
 Date:  Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:36:19 -0600
I have loaded Beta version 1.2b6 on a Nokia IP2330(AMD k2-266, 64 meg of
RAM and an 8 Gig hard drive).  The TTY boot screen shows the ethernet
ports with a Mac address of ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff (just like the quick
install shows).

The problem  I'm having is that I can ping out but due to the Mac
address of all F's, it appears that other PC's, on the subnet, can not
find it.  I checked the arp cache in another machine (on the subnet) and
it shows all F's also.  Any idea how to fix this?

We have about 100 of these units and I would like to be able to use
them.  Any help would be appreciated.

Richard Davis
richard at bizsyscon dot com
Business Systems Connection Inc.