[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Kenneth Dalbjerg <kenneth at dalbjerg dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0Wall inside VMWare
 Date:  Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:27:20 -0500
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:46:03 +0100, Kenneth Dalbjerg
<kenneth at dalbjerg dot nu> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I know that this subject har been up before, but i can't get it to work.
>
> I have 3 Interface:
> /dev/vmnet2 - WAN
> /dev/vmnet3 - Private Lan
> /dev/vmnet4 - DMZ Lan
>
> I use vlance as my Adapter type, iam running VMWare un a linux maschine.
>
> I have downloade Chris buechler VMWare cd iso V1.11.
>
> Iam pressing 1 in the menu,
> n to VLAN.
> And then 'a' for auto-dection.
>
> Then i connect the adapter against my lan (dev/vmnet3) in vmware
>
> And then hit the enter, but then i says: No link-up dectected.

It doesn't detect link up because in VMware there is no link up.  The
interfaces on my images are already assigned as noted on my site (one
of the main reasons for distributing them is you know out of the box
exactly what interface is assigned to what).  Don't assign interfaces,
just put the interfaces on the VMnets you want them to be on.

VMware interface - Pre-assigned to
Ethernet 1 - LAN
Ethernet 2 - WAN
Ethernet 3 - OPT