[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 Subject:  Stupid syslogd question
 Date:  Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:46:45 -0800
Okay,

This is a stupid question and technically off-topic, but I'm going to
ask it here anyway.

How do I configure syslog.conf on my syslog server (not the m0n0wall)
to write log information from different hosts to separate files?

Instead of having everything dumped to /var/log/messages, I'd like
something like things going to files like

  /var/log/fw1-messages
  /var/log/fw2-messages

Of course I can get this result with a simple sed script (OK, I'd use
perl, but I'm just showing off my age), but can syslog do this
directly?