[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Clifroy Henry <c underscore l underscore henry at sbcglobal dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic Shaper its own master??
 Date:  Mon, 21 Mar 2005 02:18:48 -0500
I had just gotten the traffic shaper to work for me as of 27 (I've been
trying since 26!!!). It appears that its broken to me. I had one tab
open with the graph and one tab open with the pipes (constantly
manipulating them).

Lo and behold, I watched as I changed the pipe speed but nothing
happened to the graph and I tried disabling and re-enabling to no avail.
I noticed that a reboot seems to cure it, though only for a short before
I resume tweaking.

My only traffic shaper rule is WAN out TCP zeus:59595 to Any and it uses
a pipe of 200 Kbit/s.

Another thing. It seems to me that if I enable logging on a rule to see
if it passes through the firewall then later disable it that said rule
still gets logged, also cured by a reboot.