[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matchstick <matchstick at oofg dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.2b7
 Date:  Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:05:37 +0000
Manuel Kasper wrote:
> This release should fix the ipfilter window scaling bug (a.k.a. QT
> movie trailer downloads stall) again, brings preliminary channel
> selection for 802.11a, fixes PPTP VPN + traffic shaper and adds
> several improvements to the captive portal (among other things). IDE
> HD standby for generic-pc is back as well - someone with the
> appropriate setup please test this, thanks.
>
> Detailed change log and downloads:
>
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/beta.php
>
> Note: for some reason, the rsync jobs that almost all of the mirrors
> run to pull the images are taking a bit long today, so please be
> patient - it might take a day or two for the images to appear on all
> mirrors. At least two mirrors do already carry them though.
>
> - Manuel

Manuel,

I've been playing with the new beta on my Wrap board and it seems that
having the Traffic Shaper turned on no longer causes problems with
Filtered Bridging firewall rules.

Does this mean that Filtered Bridging and Traffic Shaping are working
properly together now (a result of the PPTP VPN fix maybe ?) or is it
something like Traffic Shaper being automatically disabled/ignored in
Filtered Bridge configurations ?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Paul Browning
matchstick at oofg dot com