[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  kirk at perrysupply dot net
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Stupid syslogd question
 Date:  Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:32:19 -0700
Quoting Uli Wachowitz <uli at wach dash o dash witz dot de>:

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:46:45 -0800, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote
> > use perl, but I'm just showing off my age), but can syslog do this
> > directly?
>
> Not really. You should consider to use 'syslog-ng'
> http://www.balabit.hu/en/downloads/syslog-ng/
>
> With that, you can do whatever you want ;-)

I've tried to solve the same problem as well.  I'd like to be able to specify
the remote logging facility on monowall, something like I can do with Cisco
routers.  For example, on router1 I configure:

logging 192.1.1.1
logging facility local1

and on router2:

logging 192.1.1.1
logging facility local2

and so forth.  I have no idea how to tell monowall to do this, though.

Anyone tried this?

Kirk