[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christopher Snell <chris dot snell at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Is this nic supported?
 Date:  Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:48:22 -0600
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:06:44 -0500, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Doesn't look promising.
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2004-October/005309.html

That's rather strange that FreeBSD would have problems with
SysKonnect.  The OpenBSD folks are saying that sk(4) is their best
etherent driver.  Here's a cut-n-paste of an exchange between Theo and
Henning:

Henning> get the right NICs, that makes more of a difference than almost
Henning> anything else. I believe that sk(4) is currently the best choice.

Theo> I agree on this side.  the sk(4) driver is what I prefer for high
Theo> rates (especially nfs).