[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frank Luedke <frank at secudos dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Trying to set up m0n0 with public IPs
 Date:  Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:36:30 +0100
Hi out there. I am trying to setup m0n0wall
 using the following network stucture:

  <WAN> public IP 001.002.003.146/29
  <LAN> private network 192.168.1.0/24
  <OPT1> public IP 001.002.004.001/26
  <OPT2> public IP 001.002.004.065/26
  <OPT3> public IP 001.002.004.128/25

  LAN should be NATed to the outside, WAN has a
 default gateway to 001.002.003.145.

  My problem is; its not working. I can reach
 everything from LAN (OPT1-3 and WAN/Internet).
 I am finally also able to PING a server in the
 OPT1 network from WAN (I've created any<->any
 rules on all interfaces) but I cannot open
 web session using a browser or even with
 telnet to a server in OPT1 on port 80.

  I've started an tcpdump on one server on OPT1
 and I see that there are packets coming in and
 going out but m0n0 seems either to rewrite the
 packets or its maybe blocking some of the
 packets?

  I've searched the mailing lists archive but all
 I found that might help is that someone wrote
 that its hard to set up such a configuration but
 its working ...

Cheers,
 Frank