[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  maximkh at yahoo dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Is this nic supported?
 Date:  Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:30:29 -0500
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:28:53 -0800 (PST), Max Khitrov <maximkh at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Yea I found the same post, but perhaps this was fixed seeing as it was
> back in 2004? Looking at the 5.3 Hardware compatibility list
> (http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET) it
> does list the sk(4) driver along with a number of SysKonnect cards,
> just not this one.
>
> Anyone here think it's worth to try it anyway, or is it pretty much a
> guaranteed no go?

Well, the driver is in the m0n0wall kernel.  That post I mentioned is
a tad old, but that's still post 5.3-RELEASE and b7 is using "FreeBSD
5.3-RELEASE #0".  If you don't mind possibly ending up with a NIC that
you can't use with m0n0wall right now, I say go for it.  Hell it's
cheap, I'd take one for the team and give it a shot.  :)  Let us know
how it goes if you do!

-Chris