[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Hesseltine <mark at raytech dash measuring dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Stealth ports
 Date:  Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:41:03 -0600
Clement Ludovic wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I'm new in Monowall (which is very great Firewall).
>
>I have a question. Is it possible to stealth ports on monowall?
>
>I ask that because when I go on some website to test my security it says that some ports are
stealth and some are not. They also says that it's better to stealth port in order to be 'invisible'
on internet.

>Could you please help and tell if it's possible and if yes where can I do that?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Ludo

I'm guessing you visited http://grc.com and ran the Shields Up. I think
that a default m0n0wall will drop any unsolicited incoming packets, and
thus provide the "stealth" designation. However, if you have opened any
ports (for games, a webserver, P2P software, etc.) then those ports may
be showing up as open.

--
Mark A. Hesseltine
Raytech Measuring Systems, Inc.