[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JSimoneau at lmtcs dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Help connecting two local subnets
 Date:  Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:02:32 -0500
Greetings,

This is over-complicated, unless you can give a reason why you need to do
all this or need more than one router. You can just install a single
monowall with three interfaces and be done with it. Interface 1 for the
WAN connected straight to the cablemodem, interface 2 for LAN1 (.1.0) and
interface 3 for LAN2 (.2.0). You can keep each of the LANs completely
separate if you like, only making a few pinholes between them so users can
access shared printers between the lans.

This way you can manage everything from one router and eliminate a switch
or two. I have the same thing running at more than one location with great
success.

Regards,
Josh Simoneau