[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Mee <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  captive portal logs for anonymous users?
 Date:  Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:55:52 -0800
The new captive portal log features are excellent, along with the local
user "database".

One quick request: Is it hard to add to the code to log anonymous click
throughs?  I.e. when set to "no authentication"?

This would be great for our public wireless access scenarios where we'd
still like to track general click through usage but without requiring
authentication.

Perhaps this can be simulated by adding a single local user "guest" and
having hidden form fields (including password) on the captive portal page?

Any clues appreciated!  And again, many thanks for the great additions
to the captive portal features.

cheers, michael