[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Stealth ports
 Date:  Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:10:59 -0500
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:58:04 +0100, Ludovic Clement <Ludo at isaetludo dot com> wrote:

> When I test my computer with Shileds up site I only have ports : 25,
> 135, 139 and 445 that are Stealth
> The others are closed
>

> can't do anything to that?

Sounds like the opposite is true - 25, 135, 139, and 445 are common
inbound ports that ISP's will block.  If you look in your firewall
logs at the records from the scan, my guess would be that destination
port 25, 135, 139, and 445 traffic doesn't show up at all.  It should
show the rest.

Them showing up closed tends to make me think that something other
than m0n0wall is rejecting the ports though, since it won't do that by
default.

For the ports that are showing up as closed, does m0n0wall show that
traffic getting dropped under Diagnostics -> System Logs, Firewall
tab?

-Chris