[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  Ludo at isaetludo dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Stealth ports
 Date:  Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:24:02 +0100
-------- Message original --------

> I use Skynet in Belgium
>
> But something that never think about is that I have an ADSL modem/router called Netopia which
seems to block some ports.

> So I think the problem is coming from that modem/router.

So you have:

[DSL line] -- [DSL modem/router] -- WAN -- [m0n0wall] -- LAN

We need to know if your DSL modem is acting as a modem only (bridge
mode) or as a router: how is your WAN interface configured? Do you use
PPPoE or something else?

I personally use an Efficient 5100 modem/router in bridge mode. It
filters nothing (m0n0wall even doesn't know it's there) and I let
m0n0wall manage the PPPoE stuff.

-- Vincent