[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Simon Cooper" <simoncooper at btinternet dot com>
 Subject:  Current Bandwidth usage
 Date:  Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:14:20 -0000
Hi,
    I've just started using Monowall. So far I am very impressed with it
especially the traffic shaping features which I find invaluable.

One feature which I would find very useful is real-time bandwidth
monitoring. I personally find this feature useful to diagnose problems
on the network. I see traffic graphs on the to-do list. Personally I
mainly find traffic graphs useful if the graphs are updated every few
seconds. Effectively giving real time feedback.

An example of what I mean can be found here
http://www.mythica.org/bandwidth/. Admittedly it is crude, but I found
it did the job well with my previous router. The programs called bwbar
homepage is http://www.mythica.org/bwbar/.

Regards

Simon Cooper