[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] upgrade failed on pb20 w/ bridge -> new rule needed
 Date:  Mon, 1 Dec 2003 08:46:04 +0100 (CET)
Michael Mee said:
> Short version: I upgraded from pb18 to pb20 and the wireless interface
> which is bridged to my ethernet stopped passing traffic, sort of.

Hmm, are the clients on your wireless interface using m0n0wall's DNS
forwarder by chance? If so, then yes, the behavior has changed with pb19
(we switched from ng_bridge to BRIDGE): access to services on m0n0wall
itself from bridged interfaces is now not explicitly permitted anymore,
even though traffic may pass to the target interface without filtering.
BRIDGE handles things differently, that's why you have to add a rule to
permit traffic from WLAN to at least m0n0wall itself. The manual should
probably explain this when it's finally written. ;)

- Manuel