[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Olive <chris at technologEase dot com>
 To:  Krzysztof Ostrowski <kostrowski at orix dot pl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] mono parameters
 Date:  Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:35:59 -0500
Krzysztof Ostrowski wrote:

>There is any possiblity to set new rules by http like
>https://mymono/exec.php?txtCommand="ipfw add 010 pass icmp from me to any"

Being the Linux man that I am, I'm not up to speed on ipfilter (yet --
but getting there).  So I can't speak for your rule.  But your attempt
to pass the rule via exec.php will not work since the variable
"txtCommand" can only be set/executed via POST and not a GET URL.  If
it's useful and Manuel doesn't care, a quick mod could be made to allow
an initial command (also would have to be encoded, which your example is
not -- perhaps just a quick example on your part I'm sure) to be passed
to exec.php via a GET URL.

This would allow someone to set up a separate page of "rule tweeks" that
one could issue via GET URL strings (inside HTML anchor tags) to quickly
tweek the firewall with one click.  Could be useful, I suppose...

chris
-----
Chris Olive
chris at technologEase dot com