[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andreas Mixich <amix at enternet dot hu>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to expand m0n0wall ?
 Date:  Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:42:28 +0100
Manuel Kasper wrote:

> You should definitely be looking after something like m0n0BSD (or my
> miniBSD tutorial) instead of m0n0wall. There's no way we'll ever see

Yes, I checked that also. Very nice.

> services like SQL or SMTP in m0n0wall - heaven forbid! It's a firewall
> and thus not supposed to do that, period. I know that not much work has

I thought so. Thank you for pointing that out so clear.

> been done on m0n0BSD lately, and you'll also lose the GUI, but your

Too sad, the GUI was my main reason regarding m0n0wall. It is really the
UI I had hoped to use.

Anyway, it seems I will need to roll my own stuff from the ground up,
since the targets of all such efforts are likely either
Firewall/Router/AP systems without storage or full-blown Linux- BSD-,
etc. machines. I dislike either in a home-environment.

--
Bye, Andreas