[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Jim McBeath <jimmc at macrovision dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] wireless+IPsec+RedHat9?
 Date:  Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:33:29 -0700
At 04:36 PM 12/1/2003, Jim McBeath wrote:
>I recently purchased a wireless card (Netgear MA311) for my m0n0wall
>box (Soekris net4501).  Happily, installing it was very easy, and I was
>quickly able to get it talking to a wireless card in my laptop using WEP.

Glad to hear that.  My radio is in the mail.  It's a Netgate
EL-2511MP PLUS 802.11b Mini PCI card with a 5.0 dBi rubber duckie.

   http://www.netgate.com/soekris-miniPCI.html

Did you have any trouble getting yours to fit?  I assume you had to remove
the bracket and re-wire the connector.  The kit I bought is already set up
like that.  I'll just have to drill a hole for the RP-TNC connector.

It was a bit more expensive, but also twice as powerful.  I expect it to
work, since it has the Prism II chip set.

There is also an 802.11g card, but it uses the 3054 MP ARIES chip set which
isn't supported in FreeBSD until 5.1-RELEASE.

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --