[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Rudi Ratlos <rudiratlos at gmx dot de>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Upgrade vom CDROM Version pb12r418 ->pb20r555 doesn't work
 Date:  Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:32:52 -0700
At 12:27 AM 12/2/2003, Rudi Ratlos wrote:
>I wanted to update from my old PB12 to the latest release. Downloaded
>my old config via WebGUI, burned PB20 on CD-R and booted with an empty
>disk for config.
>
>I've set the Interfaces, and restored my old config via WebGUI.
>
>m0n0wall doesn't work properly afterwards. All interfaces were shown
>as "up", but no DNS queries possible and also no IP on the internet
>reachable. I cross checked all the settings in the PB20 and they seem
>to be pretty OK.

I would guess that the convert-o-matic for updating the XML isn't robust
enough to handle multiple versions spanned in a single jump.

Either delete your config.xml file and let the pb20 generate a new one
(probably the easiest), or work your way through the intermediate stages
along the way.

The current version of the XML template is 1.3, so you probably only need
one intermediate step (1.1->1.2).

          -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400